For over 31 years, Agemy Financial Strategies has helped our clients plan and prepare. This way, when the unforeseen occurs, their clients are uniquely positioned for success. As we enter the new year, here's what you need to keep on top of for financial success in 2022.
At Agemy Financial Strategies, our firm exists for the purpose of helping people achieve their personal and financial goals. Our philosophy is to deliver quality financial programs and teach principles for successful living.
With 2022 around the corner, now is the best time to plan for the new year. An annual financial plan can determine where you are financially at that particular moment. Consider all of your assets such as—how much you get paid, what’s in your savings and checking accounts, how much is in your retirement fund—as well as your liabilities, including loans, credit cards, and other personal debts.
Here’s how Agemy Financial can assist in being your full service financial planning firm to help you plan for your year ahead.
Annual Financial Plan Check-Up
In your financial plan check up you should include things like your mortgage or rent, utility bills and other monthly expenses. This snapshot should also factor in what your goals are and what you’ll need to accomplish in order to get there. This can include things such as retirement planning, tax planning, and investment strategies.
Check off each step that you’ve considered. The idea is to make sure you’ve looked at the issue. It’s vital for you to cover every item in the above section, so that you have a full financial inventory. Here's what your inventory should look like:
- Your credit report and score.
- A list of assets, such as: emergency fund, retirement accounts, other investment and savings accounts, real estate equity, and education savings.
- A list of debts, such as: mortgage, student loans, car loans, credit cards, and other loans
- A calculation of your credit utilization ratio, which is the amount of debt you have versus your total credit limit.
- A review of the fees you’re paying to a financial advisor, if any, and the services they provide.
Set Financial Goals
Once you have a personal financial inventory completed, you can move on to setting goals for the remainder of the year or and for the next 12 months. Your goals will be divided into short-term, mid-term, and long-term ones.
Among your short-term goals might be to:
- Establish a budget, which can be made easier with one of the best budgeting apps currently available
- Create an emergency fund or increase your emergency fund savings
- Pay off credit cards
Your mid-term goals might include:
- Getting life insurance and disability income insurance
- Thinking about your dreams, such as buying a first home or vacation home, renovating, moving, or saving so that you’ll have money to have a family or to send children or grandchildren to college
Then review your long-term goals, including:
- Determining how much of a nest egg you’ll need to save for a comfortable retirement
- Figuring out how to increase your retirement savings
Review Your Retirement Savings Plans
Saving for retirement in an individual retirement account IRA or a 401(k) is a smart way to enjoy some tax advantages. As you put together your annual financial plan, you should consider whether you need to:
- Decide whether a Roth or traditional IRA is best for you now
- Consider switching an existing IRA to a different brokerage
- Convert a 401(k), which can be traditional IRA, Roth or regular
- Rollover any old 401(k) accounts from a previous employer. If your employment status has changed from employed to self-employed, update yourself on the limits for SEP IRA or other self-employment retirement accounts and maximize your contribution amounts.
- Increase or decrease your annual contribution amounts to retirement accounts.
Get Set For Financial Success with Agemy
The most important step in reaching any goal is to develop a plan to achieve it. That’s why it’s so important to plan ahead for your financial future. We work hard to deliver a dependable retirement income strategy, in any market, so that clients can enjoy the “best” of their lives during retirement.
Agemy Financial Strategies provides retirement planning services designed to educate clients as to their best options for meeting their current financial needs, achieving their long-term financial goals, avoiding common retirement-planning mistakes, and enjoying a lifetime of financial stability.
Our goal is to give clients confidence in a custom developed robust retirement portfolio and provided investment options designed to generate interest and dividends regardless of market conditions. This is income that can be spent or reinvested for dependable "organic" portfolio growth.
- Educating retirees and pre-retirees to make smart financial decisions
- Purpose-based investing
- Implementing generational wealth transfers
- Generating income (a retirement paycheck), you can depend on in all market conditions
As a fiduciary and Registered Investment Advisor, you can be confident AFSi will recommend only what is in your best interest.
Five Star Professionals
There are a hundred reasons to work with Agemy Financial Strategies, but winning the Five Star Professional award for 10 consecutive years are at least ten of those reasons. Celebrating 31 years, we are dedicated to educating retirees through retirement planning, legacy planning, wealth management and more. Our goal is to help retirees achieve their personal and financial goals. Our education-driven financial advisors, Daniel Agemy in Denver, Colorado and Andrew Agemy in Guilford, Connecticut, are delighted to win the Five Star Wealth Management award for three and 10 years!
Are your most important decisions being made with the advice and guidance of a Five Star Professional?
- Andrew A. Agemy, MRFC® has been recognized for the quality service he provides to the clients in his community. He has an unbroken record of receiving nine consecutive Five Star awards for his outstanding service.
- Additionally, Andrew has been actively teaching and coaching people with their finances for over 31 years in the Shoreline community.
- Daniel J. Agemy, CPM®, RFC®, has been working in the world of finances for most of his life! He, too, has an unbroken record of receiving nine consecutive Five Star awards for his outstanding service.
- Five Star is an international research group that helps identify top providers of service in their field.
- Agemy Financial Strategies: because your assets are too important for anything less than Five Stars or AAA (Andrew A Agemy)
An annual financial plan is an exceptionally valuable tool for your life (and peace of mind) today and for your future. Best-case scenario: You’ve checked off all the items on this punch list by now. If not, don’t hesitate to put time on your calendar to do so.
Finding the right financial advisor that fits your goals and lifestyle doesn’t have to be hard. The trusted team at Agemy Financial Strategies is here for your every step of the way to make some real progress on your journey to financial freedom this coming year.
When the hustle and bustle has passed and the holiday dust has settled, talk to one of our wealth management professionals so we can make sure you’re starting 2022 off on the right foot.
The entire team at Agemy Financial Strategies would like to wish you a safe, happy and healthy New Year!